Planning your adventure
If you are in the process of planning a 4×4 trip to Fraser, Moreton, Stradbroke or Bribie Islands you are at the right place.
We are a family owned 4×4 vehicle hire business that has been in operation for more than 10 years.
Vehicle pickup location
We are based on the Northside of Brisbane and also deliver cars to the Brisbane and Sunshine Coast airports. We wont be able to assist with vehicle hire in Hervey Bay or Rainbow Beach.
Our vehicles are meticulously maintained and serviced. All vehicles have lifted suspension. This is in accordance with Park Boards recommendations.
How to plan and book your 4wd adventure
If you are unsure about the steps to take in order to hire a 4wd for your next island safari send us a message with the following information.
- Island you are heading to.
- Number of people in your party. Please specify adults and or children.
- Your Phone Number
- Specific dates.
- Any additional information you might require.
We are looking forward to helping you plan your 4wd adventure.
Where are you planning to access Fraser Island. You have two options:
- Ipskip Point: You don’t need to book ferry and can pay on the day of your arrival either in Rainbow beach or on the barge by credit card..
- Hervey Bay: You need to book in advance to ensure your spot on the barge
Vehicle permit – You will need to acquire a vehicle permit to travel on the islands – Vehicle access permit Fraser Island
Where are you planning to embark Fraser Island. You have two options for doing this
Vehicle permit – You will need to acquire a vehicle permit to travel on the islands – Vehicle access permit Moreton Island
Staying on Moreton Island – you have the following options
Distances / Travel times
- Brisbane airport to Port of Brisbane.
- Sunshine Coast Airport to Port of Brisbane
- Brisbane to Hervey Bay
This should give you more information to help you with the planning of your trip.
Safety features – Vehicle tracking / monitoring
All our cars are equipped with tracking devices. This enable us to track your driving around the clock (on or off the Island(s). Even where you don’t have internet connectivity).
This is a safety feature and also allows us to monitor possible misuse of the 4wd vehicles. In case of breakdown we can pinpoint your location etc.
We do have the following Rental Agreement Conditions that must be obeyed.
- Only travel within 3 hours either side of low tide on beaches.
- No drivers under the age of 25 allowed.
- Max speed on beaches 60Kmh. Inland tracks 30Kmh
- No driving after dark.
- No excessive braking or misuse of the vehicle under any circumstances.
- Keep vehicle out of water at all times.
- No driving north of Champagne Pools on Fraser Island.
- No driving on Western side of Fraser Island under any conditions.
- No towing allowed (trailers, boats caravans etc).
- No driving on beach south ofRainbow Beach. Please use the Fresh water route for this (This crossing is really treacherous, not called the car wash for nothing).
Breach of Rental Agreement Conditions Penalty:
You will be charged $500-00 for each breach of the Rental Agreement conditions as listed above
As stated earlier, we monitor your driving and will take action if you break the above mentioned Rental Agreement Conditions.
Please don’t hire a vehicle from us if you do not feel comfortable with obeying these rules.
Treat our 4wd vehicles like your own, and if you misuse your own vehicle please look for another 4×4 hire company.
Don’t think we are out to “police” you while you are driving one of your 4×4 vehicles. This is not the case.
We are honest, understanding, respectful and helpful and will try our best to make your trip as enjoyable as possible.